Germany’s #1 Online Vehicle Marketplace
mobile.de was launched in 1996 as a pioneering online database of vehicles for sale. The goal was to make it as easy as possible for German dealers and private sellers to create listings – and for buyers to quickly locate the car, truck, motorcycle or mobile home they were searching for.
mobile.de soon established a loyal online community of dealers; more than 40,000 strong in Germany. Today, mobile.de is a prime marketplace for European vehicle sales, with more than 1.4 million listings and ads in nine languages. To support international vehicle trade, mobile.de also provides additional marketplaces in Italy (www.automobile.it) and France (www.automobile.fr).
Dealers can upload as many as 15 photos per ad and can take advantage of unique special features, such as the market-value calculator. Manufacturers, wholesalers and rental companies can target ads exclusively to commercial customers. Buyers can specify detailed individual preferences to receive customized offers.
For private sellers, basic eight-week ads are free. Additional options include more prominent placement on the mobile.de home page and a longer listing period.
Available on mobile:
At a Glance
- > No. 1 vehicle classifieds site in Germany – 65 million visits per month
- > 1.4 million live vehicle listings with largest offer of passenger cars, trucks and motorcycles in Germany
- > Ranked among the top ten websites in Germany
- > More than 7 million unique visitors per month
- > Approx. 1.4 billion page views per month
- > More than 90% of German dealers registered at mobile.de
- > Founded in Hamburg 1996
- > Acquired by eBay in 2004
- > Joined eBay Classifieds Group in 2008
- > Launch of Italian platform automobile.it in 2010
- > Launch of French platform automobile.fr in 2010