Leading classifieds sites in Canada and Italy
The first thing people always ask is ... “Kijiji? What does it mean? And how do you pronounce it?” Kijiji (kee-gee-gee) means “village” in Swahili. We are your online village, connecting you with neighbors and offering you a free, easy and fun way to buy and sell and find apartments, jobs and services on a local level.
Kijiji is an environmentally friendly way to recycle things you no longer use without leaving your neighborhood. Because Kijiji connections are between people who live near each other, you can always see and touch an item before you buy.
With an easy-to-use format and an amazing variety of local ads, Kijiji is a unique community where everyone is committed to sharing more and wasting less.
Available on mobile:
At a Glance
- > Attracts nearly 200 million monthly visits worldwide
- > Nearly 10 million total live listings
- > Almost 250,000 ads listed daily
- > Close to 2.5 billion page views per month
- > Kijiji Canada is the No.1 classifieds site in Canada
- > Kijiji Italy is the No. 2 classifieds site in Italy
- > February 2005 – Kijiji launches in Montreal and Quebec City (Canada), and Italy
- > November 2005 - Kijiji expanded across the rest of Canada.
- > In less than 10 years, Kijiji Canada’s popularity has grown rapidly. It is now in over 100 cities coast to coast and it is the largest classifieds site in Canada.