U.K., Australia, Singapore and South Africa’s #1 Classifieds Site
Gumtree was founded in London in 2000 to help Aussies, Kiwis and South Africans find a place to live, a job, and everything they needed to settle in to the city. It quickly gathered speed, and grew to take over the city in no time.
In 2005, Gumtree became part of the eBay Classifieds Group. And today, the Gumtree brand is the leading classifieds site in the U.K., Australia, South Africa and Singapore. We’re also in Ireland, New Zealand and Poland – a truly global success story.
The Gumtree spirit remains cheerfully local, easy and friendly, and we bring together millions of buyer and sellers to create thousands of success stories every day. In the UK alone, we welcome nearly one in 5 online adults every month, and are in the top 35 UK websites.
Available on mobile:
At a Glance
- > No. 1 classifieds site in the U.K., Australia, South Africa and Singapore
- > More than 200 million visits monthly
- > Boasts more than 5 million live listings
- > Over 200,000 new ads daily
- > More than 2 billion page views per month
- > More than 150 million ads have been posted on Gumtree UK
- > Over 28% reach of the internet population in South Africa
- > 6th largest website in South Africa
- > Founded 2000 in London
- > Originally targeted to expatriate community of Australians, New Zealanders and South Africans
- > By 2007, additional sites in Australia, Singapore, Ireland, New Zealand, Poland and South Africa
- > Acquired by eBay in 2005